other ways to participate
There are multiple ways to help The Children’s Book Bank get books to kids in need. Check out some of these existing programs or contact email@example.com with your own ideas about how to contribute.
Donate while shopping
You can help get books to kids at no additional cost to you by directing corporate dollars to The Children's Book Bank. Click here to check out some of these seasonal and year-round opportunities.
turn your unused items into cash for The Children's Book Bank!
Donate without spending a dime! Look around your home and collect items you're no longer using, then send them to our friends at Mighty Good Things (with a prepaid shipping label). They have the network and know-how to turn your treasures into funding for The Children's Book Bank.
E-reader donations can be sent to Mighty Good Things, too!
Organize a Fundraiser
Several local businesses have shared proceeds with The Children's Book Bank through special fundraising events. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in organizing an event.
Become a Sponsor
The SEED (Supporters of Early Educational Development) program connects CBB with Portland area businesses who want to contribute to the literacy skills of under-served children through the provision of books.
How SEED Works
- Corporate partners choose a location from the list of school sites that is meaningful to your company and employees.
- CBB applies your corporate donation to gather thousands of children’s books from the community, and then organizes volunteers to clean, sort, bundle and deliver the books to your chosen school site.
Benefits of SEED
- Recognition of your company in a variety of venues including CBB’s website, Facebook page and e-newsletter
- Team building and community engagement opportunities for your employees
- Maximum return on investment: a sponsorship of $1,000 provides $3,000 (retail value) in books to 45 children
SEED Sponsor Options
- FIR – a classroom sponsorship designed for small businesses located in the school’s neighborhood. $500 - $999
- BIRCH – a grade-level sponsorship designed for mid-sized businesses interested in supporting multiple classrooms. $1,000 – $4,999
- MAPLE – a school sized sponsorship ideal for larger corporations with a desire to support local literacy efforts. $5,000 - $10,000
- OAK – a community wide sponsorship ideal for major corporations and other entities in Oregon with a broader reach. $10,000 +
Contact email@example.com to learn more about our SEED program, event sponsorship opportunities or if you have an idea for how we can partner to build a brighter future for children’s literacy.
Your support to The Children’s Book Bank provides books to children to increase their chance to succeed as future readers, learners and citizens.
Supplies Wish List
- Computer labels (Avery #4013, 3 1/2 “ x 15/16 “)
- Shipping labels (Avery #5165, 8 1/2 “ x 11”)
- Letter size printer paper boxes with lids (Banker's Boxes with lids are preferred)
- Demco tape sizes: 1" x 30 Yards, 2" x 30 Yards, 3" x 30 Yards
- Art supplies: markers, colored pencils, dry erase markers, Sharpies, Elmer’s glue, glue sticks, Magic Rub white erasers
- Cleaning supplies: wipes, Mrs. Meyer’s all-purpose cleaner, Goo Gone
- Printer paper
- Tote bags: Our minimum order is for 100 bags and costs $85. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to contribute to our bag fund.
Contact email@example.com if you are interested in helping with a supplies donation. Deliver or ship all supplies to 1915 NE 7th Avenue, Portland, OR 97212
Sew Tote Bags
Volunteer from home by sewing tote bags for the bundles we give away in our Books for Babies program. Check out our Tote Bag Directions or contact us for more information.